Friday, May 21, 2010

See, the Dutch think their government is slow and inefficient ...

But man, it's all relative.

The Dutch government has some very nice office space for immigrant relations, at a big complex called the World Trade Center (let's not even go there) where there is a train stop and a Metro stop ...

I probably would have gotten there on time for my 11 am appointment if I hadn't been helpfully given the wrong directions to the World FASHION Center, which had some mighty attractive scenery while I wandered around lost, but was miles away from my true destination.

Didn't know a phone number to call but called our Dutch attorneys who had set up the appointment and they called the office and called me back with a new appointment at 1:30.

What, the flexibility to change your appointment and get a new appointment on the same day? You COMMIES! I see what Palin is afraid of. Bureaucratic efficiency is a poisonous idea that must not be allowed to destroy America.

But of course, it is still a bureacracy, and because my meeting with Immigration was rescheduled to the 31st, I did not have a piece of paper that the Amsterdam people need for my City registration number .... but once I have that appointment, they will process all my other paperwork and issue the number if I just email them a scanned version of that paperwork .... commies. Not even making me come back for another visit? Inconceiveable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive