So I sleep in until 8:30 today, yum, that rainy weather made it quiet last night before 3 a.m.! Time for a little work on the computer and some coffee, my only plans for today are breakfast someplace nice, then down to the sports bar in the afternoon to watch the Turkish Grand Prix F1 race.
Breakfast ... hm, I really want to find that little place with the good omelettes I've been to before, off the beaten path in Nine Streets, called Cafe Nielen .... every time I try to find it on this trip I end up missing. Google Maps gives me some reference points and I hop the tram for 2 stops, walk 4-5 blocks, and there it is, great little neighborhood place that also had a glowing review at the website that gave me the street address .....
Not *too* crowded at 11 a.m. when I roll in, one of the owners is at the door and I exchange good mornings. There is a table downstairs but I head upstairs to look for a 2-top and there is one right under a light, so I'll have good light for reading my Kindle at breakfast.
4 people with a dog sit at the 4-top to my left, about 3 feet away ... the dog is a white shepherd mutt who gives me puppy-dog eyes looking for treats, I joke with the owners about it. He can spot a mark.
The 2-top to my right is close, I'm not in danger of elbowing the bearded guy in the black baseball cap and black shirt, but he's pretty close. Geeze, the woman he's with, across from me, seems kinda familiar, she's certainly good looking, and their accents make it clear they're American .....
Yeah she looks familiar because she's Diane Lane ... that bearded guy I'm avoiding elbowing is Josh Brolin. Out for Amsterdam breakfast in jeans and black t-shirts.
"Hey Josh, pass the salt, buddy."
Heh, no ... I do not interrupt their breakfast, even if I have always thought Lane is one of the most beautiful women in the world. And damn she continues to define 'age gracefully.'
They pay up, he's obviously ready to go and is halfway to standing up when she waves him back down, composing an e-mail answer on her Blackberry: "30 seconds ..." Yeah, you're a big star aren't ya Josh? But when Diane Lane says 'wait a sec, hon', you sit right on down, just like the rest of us, don't you?
He sits right on down ... I keep reading my book and eating my omelette.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment